a knitting blog

Thursday, January 06, 2005

An introduction

Hi my name is Mary and Ive been knitting for alittle more than a year and Im a WIP-aholic. I love starting new projects & buying new yarn and patterns. I have so many projects started and only a handful finished.
What Im currently working on is a 1x1 rib scarf for my boyfriend done in Gedifra in a black-grey-white stripped pattern that you can see here http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID4728469P3634645-Knitting-Yarn/Gedifra-Yarn/Gedifra-Yarn-Fashion-Trend-Color-Yarn/Gedifra-Fashion-Trend-Color-4516.aspx, and Im about 5 inches into it. I just finished my H2O hat http://www.chicknits.com/h2ohatpattern.shtml ( with an extra 2 rows for my long melon ;-) )done in lionbrands landscape "rose garden" http://www.lionbrand.com/graphics/yarns/540-271b.jpg, I just need to weave in the ends =-).
The small teddy from Debbie Bliss' toy knits that you can see on the cover of her book here http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0312119011/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-1151922-5575300#reader-link done with lionbrand fisherman's wool that I dyed with coffee to make it brown for the bear, red rit for the sweater, and black rit for the boots.This is a present for my son, who will be 3 in 10 more days, and is 90% complete.
A bear in lamb sleep suit as found in Debbie Bliss' The baby knits book done in lionbrand fisherman's wool dyed black from rit and brown from red rose tea. This is for me and he's about 75% complete.
A baby blanket with cables as seen in Knitting For Baby by Melanie Falick and Kristin Nicholas using pound of love, lionbrand antique white. This is for my nephew Hunter I started it for him before he was born and hes now almost 7 months old and the blanket is only 12% done:-(
A striped romper suit as seen in Knits for Babies and Toddlers by Fiona McTague done in lionbrands woolease butterscotch and white. This I just started and I have part of one leg completed, its sooo cute.This is actually for noone in particular, I may just hold on to it.
And finally a pair of toddler socks from this pattern http://www.valleycafe.com/knitting/sock-pattern.html done with http://www.yarnbarn-ks.com/Yarn_Barn/DonegalTweed.html in an olive green color, that my little man picked out himself and is 90% done. In fact I plan on finishing them before I goto bed tonight so he can wear them tomorrow.
Well thats my WIPs there isnt enough time in the day to list all my UFOs but I will mention one. Its a packysack http://www.kaleidoscopeyarns.com/packy-sack-felted-bag-pattern.html done with lionbrands fishermans wool dyed kelly green rit, that I started last June for my sisters graduation from high school. I ran into a trouble when it came time to do the slots for the handles when I discovered that somewheres along the way I had dropped several stitches :-( and I dont know where they went.Sorry Beth I promise I will figure it out before you graduate college.
I also wanted to mention one project Im about to start which is what brought me to finally cross the line from just reading blogs to actually having one of my own. Its the hello kitty knit-along http://hellokittyalong.blogspot.com/. I cant wait to start these projects! I plan on making all the items in the smallest baby size for my one day daughter, or grandaughter at this rate:-( Im ready to get pink knit crazy;-)

12 Comments:

  • At January 7, 2005 at 10:20 PM, Blogger Oslofia said…

    Hi Mary...thank's for stopping by my blog. Wow...you do have lots of UFO's...lets make a deal...I'll give you the Hello Kitty patterns after you've finished up 2 of your UFO's. Naaa, just kidding =)

    I did like the 2 hours hat...just love quick'n easy stuff that can be completed in a really short time!! You'r making the entire HK outfit aren't you? Well..I think that you will enjoy the 'secret bonuspattern'. That's a project that will take tops a week to complete =)

     
  • At January 7, 2005 at 10:23 PM, Blogger Oslofia said…

    ps! forgot to show you this: check out the free pattern on this link: http://boogaj.typepad.com/knitting/

     
  • At January 11, 2005 at 5:07 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I saw that you had posted over on GracieKnits about the Flower Knitalong. Her link didn't work (she spelled February wrong). Here's the link: http://februaryflowers.blogspot.com/

     
  • At January 20, 2005 at 3:14 AM, Blogger alice said…

    hi mary! alice from the february flower exchange. you commented on the blog, however i couldnt find a single email address for you anywhere so i'm replying here. unfortunatly, i must have misplaced your original email application with your address, fiber preferences, etc. would you mind sending that again? brokedown_tiger@yahoo.com as soon as i get that info, you'll get the run-down on who you're sending a flower to :)

     
  • At October 9, 2005 at 3:36 PM, Blogger Jim Naka said…

    Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about toy gun. It pretty much covers toy gun related stuff.

     
  • At December 23, 2005 at 12:53 PM, Blogger benhill3685 said…

    Make no mistake: Our mission at Tip Top Equities is to sift through the thousands of underperforming companies out there to find the golden needle in the haystack. A stock worthy of your investment. A stock with the potential for big returns. More often than not, the stocks we profile show a significant increase in stock price, sometimes in days, not months or years. We have come across what we feel is one of those rare deals that the public has not heard about yet. Read on to find out more.

    Nano Superlattice Technology Inc. (OTCBB Symbol: NSLT) is a nanotechnology company engaged in the coating of tools and components with nano structured PVD coatings for high-tech industries.

    Nano utilizes Arc Bond Sputtering and Superlattice technology to apply multi-layers of super-hard elemental coatings on an array of precision products to achieve a variety of physical properties. The application of the coating on industrial products is designed to change their physical properties, improving a product's durability, resistance, chemical and physical characteristics as well as performance. Nano's super-hard alloy coating materials were especially developed for printed circuit board drills in response to special market requirements

    The cutting of circuit boards causes severe wear on the cutting edge of drills and routers. With the increased miniaturization of personal electronics devices the dimensions of holes and cut aways are currently less than 0.2 mm. Nano coats tools with an ultra thin coating (only a few nanometers in thickness) of nitrides which can have a hardness of up to half that of diamond. This has proven to increase tool life by almost ten times. Nano plans to continue research and development into these techniques due to the vast application range for this type of nanotechnology

    We believe that Nano is a company on the move. With today�s steady move towards miniaturization we feel that Nano is a company with the right product at the right time. It is our opinion that an investment in Nano will produce great returns for our readers.

    Online Stock trading, in the New York Stock Exchange, and Toronto Stock Exchange, or any other stock market requires many hours of stock research. Always consult a stock broker for stock prices of penny stocks, and always seek proper free stock advice, as well as read a stock chart. This is not encouragement to buy stock, but merely a possible hot stock pick. Get a live stock market quote, before making a stock investment or participating in the stock market game or buying or selling a stock option.

     
  • At December 28, 2005 at 7:52 PM, Blogger shawnkline9017 said…

    I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

     
  • At May 3, 2006 at 11:32 AM, Blogger msqd265rg said…

    While you read this, YOU start to BECOME aware of your surroundings, CERTIAN things that you were not aware of such as the temperature of the room, and sounds may make YOU realize you WANT a real college degree.

    Call this number now, (413) 208-3069

    Get an unexplained feeling of joy, Make it last longer by getting your COLLEGE DEGREE. Just as sure as the sun is coming up tomorrow, these College Degree's come complete with transcripts, and are VERIFIABLE.

    You know THAT Corporate America takes advantage of loopholes in the system. ITS now YOUR turn to take advantage of this specific opportunity, Take a second, Get a BETTER FEELING of joy and a better future BY CALLING this number 24 hours a day.
    (413) 208-3069

     
  • At May 5, 2006 at 10:52 PM, Anonymous home equity loans said…

    home equity loans

     
  • At December 10, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi !.
    You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can make real money .
    There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you need
    AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
    Do you want to become really rich in short time?
    That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

    I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
    I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
    It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ofyhaqoki.kogaryu.com/isilus.html
    and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

     
  • At December 11, 2009 at 3:18 AM, Anonymous Penny Stocks said…

    Penny stocks can increase ones trading profits in spades with a lot less risk. One need to be able to do a quick scan of the thousands of penny stocks that there is in the market and knows which ones have the highest percentage of going up. You can get more from our site http://coolpennystocks.com/

     
  • At January 31, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good day, sun shines!
    There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
    I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
    Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real money.
    It's all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the profit with me.

    You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home